We discuss the benefits of counseling and how it supports members of the church.
BOOM! GET YOUR LIFE BACK!
“NEW BOOK RELEASE”
I come as your mid-wife and life coach, and I wrote this book to push YOU to BELIEVE GOD and allow Him to empower you to live on purpose and fulfill His purpose, obtain goals, and walk in your destiny! So if you are ready to get out of a cycle, a pit, a curse, that maze or that place called STUCK, Just pray to God “Let Me Out!”
Free Coaching Nuggets: Sick and tired of being afraid and fearful?
Ever was afraid of taking authoritative roles at work, in performance, or in your church? Some people grew up in a home, never being allowed to join the school chorus, scouts, school clubs, attend summer camps, or even have friends come over for a visit. Are your social skills horrible/weak because of this? You don’t know what a relationship or REALationship looks or feels like? Our sense of self begins in our growth and developmental stages. Interesting? Does this address you? Then check out my article in the Examiner to get more. This may work as a catalyst to get you started in the right exploration and direction: http://www.examiner.com/article/sick-and-tired-of-being-afraid-and-fearful
Second Discussion-Coaching Corner: Learning to increase social skills and at becoming more independent of your support/enablers so you can work towards stepping out on faith to fulfill your dreams and goal attainment:
Socially: (Practice at becoming more open and engaged with others.)
- Explore your underlying feelings and concerns or conflicts in regards to developing your social skills. Start out by building up your inner-man (spiritual self) by knowing how God feels and think of you –vs– what you feel and think of yourself. Follow after King David’s confidence, he said, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalms 139:13-16 NIV) But, read the whole chapter to get an understanding.
- Enhance your quality of life (socially) starts by increasing your confidence and self-esteem by transforming your mind which will positively change your self-concept (the way you see yourself). See: Romans 12:1 says, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —His good, pleasing and perfect will.”
- Stay on course, cut out the distractions by keeping focused on your immediate goal of increasing social skills and activities. Explore social institutions that offer social activities of interests to you.
- Encourage yourself for making an effort.
- Apply the disciplines of faith-Develop an action plan. Give yourself a homework assignment to journal thoughts. Write down any stressors and/or issues you think are conflicts your progress. Know your triggers!!! This can help you understand and work on ways of reducing any impact or effects of these stressors on your overall health and obtaining of goals. Faith and works! Ready? Set? Go!
Towards Independence and Goal Attainment: (For the co-dependent, disorganized person or someone regaining their independence during post injury or illness and needs to retrain him or herself…)
- Identify your strengths and cognitive abilities to help build confidence and decrease your focus on other’s abilities to concentrate on building yourself up. (Psalm 118:8, It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man.)
- Trust God to see you through: “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD (Jeremiah 17:7 NKJV).
- No more waiting for others to prompt or remind you of what you have to do. Organize your own time by using any reminding tools such as an organizer, small recorder, phone alarm or large calendar. This is an effort to encourage you to become more independent and meet your own needs.
- Work at maintaining a positive attitude towards becoming more independent and connecting more with social networks (co-workers, friends and community-based programs-recreational facilities-social activities-online social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Develop an action plan. Give yourself a homework assignment to journal thoughts. Write down any stressors and/or issues you think are conflicts your progress. Know your triggers!!! This can help you understand and work on ways of reducing any impact or effects of these stressors on your overall health and obtaining of goals.
In developing meaningful relationships, work at increasing your communication (listening) skills, by not allowing your emotions to dictate your behavior. You will miss out on THE RECEIVING END of vital information from the SENDER (the one speaking to you). Your negative feelings of past rejection, assumptions, expectations, past experiences, prejudices, strong feelings and poor self-concept can create a barrier of distraction to where you only hear these underlying issues rather than what the SENDER is actually conversing with you. You immediately jump to conclusions and/or become defensive….etc. Let us examine our heart as we do before the Lord to see if there is any…David said, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting”(Psalm 139:23-24) NIV
What Were You Born to Do?
Some people are born artists. Our society sometimes frown on the artistic side of human beings and try to fit them into a prescribed mapped out ideal career or education tract. This is one of the reasons why so many of us are unhappy at our jobs, because simply put, “It’s not us” or we have trouble adjusting or discontent but since we have to make a living…and the fact that we have been conditioned to think that WE HAVE to always settle and fall into the system because we have to work at doing something. But we as parents who are whole and know better, understand that we have to raise up a child in THE WAY THAT HE/SHE SHOULD GO, OH come on somebody, I bet you never applied this scripture to this area right? But I want you to know that you and I can Get Our Life Back! The life God originally ordained, purposed, engrafted, gifted, talented and empowered us to live, even if it doesn’t fit into the ‘norm’ and as long as it’s pleasing to God! Amen. I’m fin to set someone free today! Tired of folks-society trying to fit you into a caste-system of “Do it their way” or “Go with the status Quo?” King David understood his uniqueness and that God had an awesome and special life planned for him to experience when he wrote the 139th division of Psalm. He notes, “For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well…All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:13-16, NIV Bible).
Check out my other blog articles below and my articles as the New York Christian Examiner on Examiner.com